Justin Bieber has been making his fair share of headlines over the past couple years, so it’s easy to forget that the singer hasn’t released an album since 2012’s Journals.
But the wait’s over, apparently.
The “Boyfriend” singer has said repeatedly said he’ll release new music in 2015, and he’s making good on that promise: According to Billboard, Bieber’s next album will drop on Nov. 14.
Bieber announced “What Do You Mean?,” the presumed first single from the album, on Ryan Seacrest’s radio show last month, and told Seacrest, “I’ve been working a lot in the studio, just trying to have a consistent sound, a cohesive sound.” “What Do You Mean?” is due out Aug. 28.
“It’s really uplifting, clear, poppy, but cool,” he said. “The sounds are super expensive. Skrilex is a genius. He’s super futuristic and I just love his sound. So to be able to incorporate that sound with what I’m doing has been super cool because it’s new and fresh. I feel like no one has done it before.”
Bieber’s rep was immediately available for comment. For more, head to Billboard.
- Essay: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Stealth Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- Natasha Lyonne on Poker Face and Creating Characters Who Subvert Leading-Lady Tropes
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- Why Grocery Staples Are So Expensive Right Now
- Quantum Computers Could Solve Countless Problems—and Create a Lot of New Ones
- Where to Watch All of the 2023 Oscar Nominees
- How to Be Mindful if You Hate Meditating