A month ago, Ed Sheeran told the BBC that he’d memorialize his three sold-out shows at Wembley Stadium by having a lion — the mascot of England’s soccer team, which plays in the arena — tattooed upon his chest. He was not joking.
On Tuesday, the 24-year-old singer posted to Instagram a selfie featuring an unfinished lion’s head emblazoned upon his torso.
“Halfway and ouch,” he wrote in the caption.
Within a day, 433,000 people had liked the photo. It now has more than 28,000 comments, which alternate between confused, effusively complimentary, and shocked.
On Twitter, Sheeran gave credit to his tattoo artist, Kevin Paul, who has also worked on One Direction frontman Harry Styles.
“Ed is nowhere near done,” Paul said. “There are going to be even bigger tattoos in the next few months.”
- Governor Gretchen Whitmer on Her Fight for Abortion Access in Michigan
- Inside the War on Fake Consumer Reviews
- Column: Europe's Refugee Crisis Is Going to Get Worse
- How Lawmakers Are Trying to Protect Abortion Data Privacy
- The Surprising Thing That Could Help Ease Inflation
- Finding the American Dream in Canada
- The Safest Sunscreens to Buy—and Which Ingredients to Avoid
- Fact-Checking 8 Claims About Crypto’s Climate Impact
- How Grief Upsets Your Gut Health
- Who Could Replace Boris Johnson As U.K. Prime Minister?