Republican presidential frontrunner Donald Trump said Tuesday that his Democratic rival Bernie Sanders “showed such weakness” when he allowed two Black Lives Matter activists to seize his microphone and disrupt his speech over the weekend.
“I thought that was disgusting. That showed such weakness, the way he was taken away by two young women,” Trump said during a press conference in Michigan. “That will never happen with me. I don’t know if I’ll do the fighting myself, or if other people will, but that was a disgrace.”
The real estate mogul’s criticism follows the disruption of the first of Sanders’ two rallies in Seattle on Saturday, when the two activists shoved aside the Vermont Senator and took the microphone to call for criminal justice reform. After about 20 minutes, Sanders left the stage without giving his speech, saluting the crowd with the clenched-fist symbol of the Black Lives Matter movement.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at email@example.com