When Gina Rodriguez last spoke to TIME about what to expect in the second season of Jane the Virgin, she promised a lot more guest stars. “I’m already starting to think of different actors I want to come and join us,” she said.
Now we know one of them: none other than Britney Spears herself will guest-star on the breakout CW comedy this fall, where she’ll play the foil to Rogelio De La Vega, the father of the titular character and a telenovela superstar played by Jaime Camil. The show returns Oct. 12.
“We are so thrilled that Rogelio’s ‘nemesis’—Britney Spears—has agreed to appear on Jane the Virgin in episode 205,” showrunner Jennie Snyder Urman explained. “Personally, after hearing about their long standing feud (from Rogelio’s point of view), we are eager to hear Ms. Spears’ side of the story, which we assume is quite different. #TeamBritney.”
Your move, Empire.
- How an Alleged Spy Balloon Derailed an Important U.S.-China Meeting
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- Column: Elon Musk Should Not Be in Charge of the Night Sky
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart
- 80 for Brady May Not Be a Masterpiece. But the World Needs More Movies Like This