When Gina Rodriguez last spoke to TIME about what to expect in the second season of Jane the Virgin, she promised a lot more guest stars. “I’m already starting to think of different actors I want to come and join us,” she said.
Now we know one of them: none other than Britney Spears herself will guest-star on the breakout CW comedy this fall, where she’ll play the foil to Rogelio De La Vega, the father of the titular character and a telenovela superstar played by Jaime Camil. The show returns Oct. 12.
“We are so thrilled that Rogelio’s ‘nemesis’—Britney Spears—has agreed to appear on Jane the Virgin in episode 205,” showrunner Jennie Snyder Urman explained. “Personally, after hearing about their long standing feud (from Rogelio’s point of view), we are eager to hear Ms. Spears’ side of the story, which we assume is quite different. #TeamBritney.”
Your move, Empire.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer