Stephen Colbert may be “twitching” to get back on TV and sink his teeth into Donald Trump, but his comedian colleagues are already on the beat. On Monday’s “Tonight Show,” Jimmy Fallon delivered a spot-on impersonation of the Donald, with some help from fake tanner and a combover.
Fallon poked fun at Trump’s record of demeaning comments toward women, and his retroactive attempts to clean them up. Fallon opened with Trump’s latest comment, when he told CNN’s Don Lemon on Friday that there “was blood coming out of [Megyn Kelly’s] wherever” during the FOX Republican debate. Kelly had grilled Trump on his history of misogynist comments during the debate. The remark was widely condemned by liberals and conservatives alike as an unnecessary reference to menstruation (though Trump claims he was talking about Kelly’s nose.)
“Yesterday I called Megyn Kelly to personally not apologize,” Fallon riffed. “I was not referring to hormones or menstruation. Period.”
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time