On the one-year anniversary of Robin Williams’ death, Sarah Michelle Gellar paid tribute to her former costar on Instagram.
Gellar posted a photo of the bench from Good Will Hunting, accompanied by a quote from Ralph Waldo Emerson: “To laugh often and much; to win the respect of the intelligent people and the affection of children; to earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; to appreciate beauty; to find the beauty in others; to leave the world a bit better whether by a healthy child, a garden patch, or a redeemed social condition; to know that one life has breathed easier because you lived here. This is to have succeeded.”
“You succeeded RW,” she added.
Williams played Gellar’s father in the CBS sitcom The Crazy Ones, which ended in 2014. He died one year ago today at the age of 63.
- Global Climate Solutions Exist. It's Time to Deploy Them
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- Who The Golden Bachelor Leaves Out
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- How Sara Reardon Became the 'Vagina Whisperer'
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time