On the one-year anniversary of Robin Williams’ death, Sarah Michelle Gellar paid tribute to her former costar on Instagram.
Gellar posted a photo of the bench from Good Will Hunting, accompanied by a quote from Ralph Waldo Emerson: “To laugh often and much; to win the respect of the intelligent people and the affection of children; to earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; to appreciate beauty; to find the beauty in others; to leave the world a bit better whether by a healthy child, a garden patch, or a redeemed social condition; to know that one life has breathed easier because you lived here. This is to have succeeded.”
“You succeeded RW,” she added.
Williams played Gellar’s father in the CBS sitcom The Crazy Ones, which ended in 2014. He died one year ago today at the age of 63.
This article originally appeared on EW.com
- Inside Ukraine's Push to Try Putin For War Crimes
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- Elon Musk Signs Open Letter Urging AI Labs to Pump the Brakes
- Eliezer Yudkowsky: Pausing AI Developments Isn't Enough. We Need to Shut it All Down
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Nicole Chung: The Person I Became After My Father's Death
- Cheryl Strayed Will Always Be Here for You
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now