A lot of celebrities — including Nicki Minaj, Laverne Cox and Benedict Cumberbatch — have been immortalized in wax form lately. The latest star to get a statue at the famed Madame Tussauds wax museum is Sam Smith, who seems very, very excited about it.
The singer visited his new wax figure at the Madame Tussauds San Francisco location on Monday, calling it “possibly the most surrealist experience” of his life. The Grammy winner also told fans, “Feel free to touch my wax bum!”
Being a 23-year-old millennial, of course Smith saw the opportunity to take lots of selfies, which he promptly posted on Instagram.
Smith got a chance to check out some other celebrities’ wax figures too:
- Essay: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Stealth Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- Natasha Lyonne on Poker Face and Creating Characters Who Subvert Leading-Lady Tropes
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- Why Grocery Staples Are So Expensive Right Now
- Quantum Computers Could Solve Countless Problems—and Create a Lot of New Ones
- Where to Watch All of the 2023 Oscar Nominees
- How to Be Mindful if You Hate Meditating