The Los Angeles Police Department ramped up extra security at Monday night’s premiere of Straight Outta Compton, a biopic about gangsta rap group N.W.A.
One security officer told the Hollywood Reporter that organizers “tripled security” for the premiere, and the LA Times reports that the LAPD deployed gang enforcement officers to the premiere along with event security.
“Better safe than sorry,” Officer Mike Lopez told the LA Times.
Straight Outta Compton opens widely on August 14.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization