The Los Angeles Police Department ramped up extra security at Monday night’s premiere of Straight Outta Compton, a biopic about gangsta rap group N.W.A.
One security officer told the Hollywood Reporter that organizers “tripled security” for the premiere, and the LA Times reports that the LAPD deployed gang enforcement officers to the premiere along with event security.
“Better safe than sorry,” Officer Mike Lopez told the LA Times.
Straight Outta Compton opens widely on August 14.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow