Real estate mogul Donald Trump remains atop the GOP primary field even after his controversial remarks at last week’s inaugural Republican debate, according to a Reuters/Ipsos poll released on Monday.
Trump maintained the support of 24% of Republican primary voters, the same level of support the billionaire held prior to the Fox News debate. Trump’s closest rival, former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush, was backed by 12% of voters, down from 17% from before the debate. None of the other 15 candidates garnered over 8% of support, the poll said.
The Reuters/Ipsos poll surveyed 278 self-identified Republicans between Thursday (after the debate) and Sunday, with a margin of error of 6.7%.
Read next: Why Women Should Thank Trump
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time