For anyone who thinks Donald Trump’s presidential candidacy is all bluster and no policies, check out this: The Donald has told the world exactly how he’d deal with ISIS.
The plan is sure to please the neoconservatives in the Republican party: use force.
“I would knock out the source of their wealth, the primary source of their wealth, which is oil,” he told MSNBC. “I would knock the hell out of them, but I’d put a ring around it and I’d take the oil for our country.”
Prior to the interview on Morning Joe, the hosts also ran a clip of Trump talking in 1987 about how he thought the US should invade Iran and take their oil, while leaving the rest of the country.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Donald Trump Was Just Indicted. Here's What to Know About the Charges and the Case
- What Could Happen Next for Donald Trump
- Trump's Indictment Drama Showcased His Rivals' Weakness
- Inside Ukraine's Push to Try Putin For War Crimes
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- Elon Musk Signs Open Letter Urging AI Labs to Pump the Brakes
- Eliezer Yudkowsky: Pausing AI Developments Isn't Enough. We Need to Shut it All Down
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Cheryl Strayed Will Always Be Here for You
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now