For anyone who thinks Donald Trump’s presidential candidacy is all bluster and no policies, check out this: The Donald has told the world exactly how he’d deal with ISIS.
The plan is sure to please the neoconservatives in the Republican party: use force.
“I would knock out the source of their wealth, the primary source of their wealth, which is oil,” he told MSNBC. “I would knock the hell out of them, but I’d put a ring around it and I’d take the oil for our country.”
Prior to the interview on Morning Joe, the hosts also ran a clip of Trump talking in 1987 about how he thought the US should invade Iran and take their oil, while leaving the rest of the country.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve