We may be well into August by now—but here, curled up on the sand with a joint in her hand, is Lana Del Rey, reminding you that summer isn’t over till the phat lady sings. The singer steeps her new song in a marijuana haze, but thanks to its skittering beat and dizzying hook—”All I want to do is get high by the beach / get high by the beach, get high”—the latest track from the forthcoming Honeymoon is Lana’s poppiest song in a while.
“High By the Beach,” which arrives ahead of its scheduled Apple Music premiere later today, also finds her departing from her typical tortured romances in favor of some solo time in the sun. “You could be a bad motherf—-r, but that don’t make you a man,” Lana sings, “Now you’re just another one of my problems because you got out of hand.” In other words: dude, don’t kill my vibe.
- Trump Indicted in Classified Docs Case
- Jason Isbell Is Finding His Purpose
- In Photos: How Wildfire Smoke Impacted Cities
- How Antitrust Laws Could Kill the PGA-LIV Golf Merger
- Why Berberine Is Not 'Nature's Ozempic'
- How a Texas High Jumper Has Earned Nearly $1 Million
- The Best Shows to Stream on (HBO) Max
- 9 Ways to Combat Self-Criticism