We may be well into August by now—but here, curled up on the sand with a joint in her hand, is Lana Del Rey, reminding you that summer isn’t over till the phat lady sings. The singer steeps her new song in a marijuana haze, but thanks to its skittering beat and dizzying hook—”All I want to do is get high by the beach / get high by the beach, get high”—the latest track from the forthcoming Honeymoon is Lana’s poppiest song in a while.
“High By the Beach,” which arrives ahead of its scheduled Apple Music premiere later today, also finds her departing from her typical tortured romances in favor of some solo time in the sun. “You could be a bad motherf—-r, but that don’t make you a man,” Lana sings, “Now you’re just another one of my problems because you got out of hand.” In other words: dude, don’t kill my vibe.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- U.S. Doctors Can't Be Silent About Gaza: Column
- The Movie Wives Would Like a Word
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time