1. Go ahead, be sarcastic. Harvard says it’s good for you.
By Christina Pazzanese in the Harvard Gazette
2. Serving in Congress is a pretty crummy job.
By Ezra Klein in Vox
3. Does America need a truth and reconciliation commission for race relations?
By Ronald C. Slye in Reuters Great Debate
4. Who would win a war between Al Qaeda and ISIS?
By Mark Hay in Vice
5. Where are all the women chess players?
By Hana Schank in Aeon
The Aspen Institute is an educational and policy studies organization based in Washington, D.C.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Donald Trump Was Just Indicted. Here's What to Know About the Charges and the Case
- What Could Happen Next for Donald Trump
- Trump's Indictment Drama Showcased His Rivals' Weakness
- Inside Ukraine's Push to Try Putin For War Crimes
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- Elon Musk Signs Open Letter Urging AI Labs to Pump the Brakes
- Eliezer Yudkowsky: Pausing AI Developments Isn't Enough. We Need to Shut it All Down
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Cheryl Strayed Will Always Be Here for You
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now