Retired basketball legend Michael Jordan has no doubt that the latest batch of all-stars, LeBron James included, wouldn’t have stood a chance against him in a one-on-one matchup.
“This is the ESPN question,” Jordan said during a Q&A session marking at the 20th annual Michael Jordan Flight School in Santa Barbara, California, Sports Illustrated reports. “If I was in my prime, could I beat Lebron in a one-on-one game? No question,” before adding, “And he’s going to say no question.”
The response comes a few weeks after Cleveland Cavaliers forward James surpassed Jordan’s record for the most minutes played during playoffs.
Jordan also challenged Shaquille O’Neal’s theory that the top 5 Lakers players would have mopped the floor with the top 5 Bulls players by a 50 point spread.
“I think we would have killed them,” Jordan countered.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time