Actor Bill Murray will appear in the upcoming installment of the Ghostbusters franchise, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
Murray’s iconic role as Dr. Peter Venkman in the original Ghostbusters film in 1984 was reprised in the classic’s sequel, Ghostbusters II in 1989. The latest casting news comes a surprise after Murray has publicly expressed discomfort and hesitancy about being a part of the next female-led Ghostbusters, directed by Paul Feig.
“This is my nightmare,” he told David Letterman earlier this year. When pressed about his involvement with the upcoming Ghostbusters, Murray dismissed speculation of his potential involvement as “crazy talk.”
The next Ghostbusters co-stars Melissa McCarthy, Kristen Wiig, Kate McKinnon, Leslie Jones, and Chris Hemsworth. It’s slated to come to theaters in July 2016.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time