Actor Bill Murray will appear in the upcoming installment of the Ghostbusters franchise, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
Murray’s iconic role as Dr. Peter Venkman in the original Ghostbusters film in 1984 was reprised in the classic’s sequel, Ghostbusters II in 1989. The latest casting news comes a surprise after Murray has publicly expressed discomfort and hesitancy about being a part of the next female-led Ghostbusters, directed by Paul Feig.
“This is my nightmare,” he told David Letterman earlier this year. When pressed about his involvement with the upcoming Ghostbusters, Murray dismissed speculation of his potential involvement as “crazy talk.”
The next Ghostbusters co-stars Melissa McCarthy, Kristen Wiig, Kate McKinnon, Leslie Jones, and Chris Hemsworth. It’s slated to come to theaters in July 2016.
- Column: Tyre Nichols' Killing Is The Result of a Diseased Culture
- Without Evusheld, Immunocompromised People Are on Their Own Against COVID-19
- Here Are All the Movies and TV Shows That Make Up the New DCU
- TikTok's 'De-Influencing' Trend Is Here to Tell You What Stuff You Don't Need to Buy
- Column: America Goes About Juvenile Crime Sentencing All Wrong
- Why Your Tax Refund May Be Lower This Year
- Brazil Wants to Abandon a 34,000-Ton Ship at Sea. It Would be an Environmental Disaster
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in January 2023