Following the cancellation of 19 Kids and Counting, TLC has announced a new reality series based on yet another uniquely large family.
The untitled seven-episode series, slated for the spring of 2016, will follow the Busby family. Danielle and Adam — along with their four-year-old daughter Blayke — recently welcomed all-female quintuplets into the home. The new additions — named Ava, Olivia, Hazel, Riley, and Parker — are the only all-female quints to be born in the United States.
TLC’s latest won’t only focus on the immediate Busbys, but the “heartwarming antics of the entire family,” including Danielle’s mother, Michelle, described by a press release as “zany.”
Like the Duggars, the Busbys appear to be a faith-based family. Their personal website documents Danielle’s road to delivery, where she writes in one post, “God gave us the outcome that we had been praying for.”
The Busby series will be in good company among the network’s other programs based on larger-than-average families, including 7 Little Johnstons, Kate Plus 8, and the now-canceled — but my personal favorite based solely on its title — Sextuplets Take New York.
- Essay: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Stealth Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- Natasha Lyonne on Poker Face and Creating Characters Who Subvert Leading-Lady Tropes
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- Why Grocery Staples Are So Expensive Right Now
- Quantum Computers Could Solve Countless Problems—and Create a Lot of New Ones
- Where to Watch All of the 2023 Oscar Nominees
- How to Be Mindful if You Hate Meditating