A Wisconsin couple who have been married for 75 years say they’ve never had an argument. Arlene and Richard Baughman were wed in 1940, two years before Richard was drafted to serve in World War II. The couple, who met on a movie date with friends, eventually had six children. Arlene still wears her original wedding ring.
Through it all, the two say they’ve never gotten in a fight. “If we had differences we just talked about it,” Richard told WNYT.
“We always said, we didn’t have dishes to throw or shoes to throw because we couldn’t afford it. So, we had to get along!” Arlene said.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow