Tom and Arnisteen Clark, 96 and 92, have been married for 68 years, and just can’t stand to be away from each other. Now their love is inspired thousands across the Internet.
After being placed in separate rooms at Piedmont Fayette Hospital in Fayetteville, Georgia, due to hospital policy, nurses went out of their way to make sure Tom was able to visit his wife.
A photo of the lovers, taken on Wednesday and posted on Piedmont Fayette Hospital’s Facebook page yesterday, has garnered over 6,000 likes and 1,000 shares.
The couple had only spent time apart once before, when Tom was in the Army and stationed in Korea. That means their hospital stay in different rooms was especially difficult.
When he was reunited with his wife, he was overcome with emotion as he talked about the deep, true love he has for Arnisteen, according to the hospital.
“I just can’t be away from her, she’s the finest woman in the world,” Tom told nurses.
- Supreme Court Overturns Roe v. Wade, Undoing Constitutional Right to Abortion
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State
- The Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Fight Over Abortion Has Only Just Begun
- Column: How Stereotypes Shape the Language People Use
- Everything We Know About Beyoncé's New Album, Renaissance
- Homes Made from Straw or Fungi Can Now Get You a Cheaper Mortgage in the Netherlands
- Going on Vacation This Summer? Welcome to the 'Revenge Travel' Economy