Apple has apparently been working on a stylus for its iPads for a while. In fact, Business Insider reported that the tech company has developed multiple prototypes for the iPad accessory, although one has never been sold.
The article cited a former Apple employee as knowledgeable of the accessory. The item has apparently been worked on over the last four years, according to the engineer.
If the item did ever come to market, it’s likely that the device would become more useful on the job, according to analysts.
One potential reason for why Apple has yet to produce the item? The late CEO Steve Jobs hated them:
- Essay: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Stealth Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- Natasha Lyonne on Poker Face and Creating Characters Who Subvert Leading-Lady Tropes
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- Why Grocery Staples Are So Expensive Right Now
- Quantum Computers Could Solve Countless Problems—and Create a Lot of New Ones
- Where to Watch All of the 2023 Oscar Nominees
- How to Be Mindful if You Hate Meditating