Apple’s maps app used to trumpet its nighttime version, or the map’s darker graphics after the sun goes down, over Google Maps. But not any longer, as Google Maps added the feature to its ever-growing arsenal of functions on Thursday.
The Verge reported that there’s now a night mode in its iOS app, meaning it automatically switches to darker colors when it’s being used during the evening.
But as the publication noted, this isn’t the first time Google Maps has had this capability. In fact, Android users apparently enjoyed the feature for years previously.
- These Charts Show COVID-19 Is Still the Pandemic of the Unvaccinated
- Reddit Allows Hate Speech to Flourish in Its Global Forums, Moderators Say
- What It Takes to Get Support for a Black Boy With Special Needs
- Shonda Rhimes Already Knows What You're Going to Watch Next
- How Harry Reid Paved the Way for Democrats to Kill the Filibuster
- President Biden's Speech in Atlanta Was Designed to Appeal to Black Voters—But Not Everything About It Succeeded
- China Is Finding Fewer Reliable Sources of Coal. That Could Be Bad News for the Climate