The future is now, kids. Tesla CEO Elon Musk dropped news last December that the electric car maker was working on a charger that would automatically connect to its Model S “like a solid metal snake.” Eight months have passed and Tesla’s ready.
The company released its first video Thursday of the metal snake charger in action–and it’s truly mesmerizing. The reptile comparison is spot-on with its scale-like nodes that twist and connect into the car’s charging port with all the ease of a cobra. It also makes a fabulous GIF to enjoy over and over.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- Inside Frances Haugen's Decision to Take on Facebook
- Why We Should Stop Freaking Out About Inflation
- Austria's Plan to Make COVID-19 Vaccines Compulsory Is Dividing Citizens — and Experts
- Inside the 80-Year Quest to Name Pearl Harbor's Unknown Victims
- Buying a House Feels Impossible These Days. Here Are 6 Innovative Paths to Homeownership
- 'They're Very Close.' U.S. General Says Iran Is Nearly Able to Build a Nuclear Weapon
- A Charter School's Racial Controversy Reveals the Real Battle For America's Classrooms