In the wake of Jon Stewart’s final night at his Daily Show desk, the Twittersphere was saturated with mournful goodbyes and sincere appreciations for his 16 years at the helm of the show. There were comparisons to Johnny Carson and invitations to Gracie Mansion. There was even a conspiracy theorist reading (perhaps too deeply) into the meaning of Bruce Springsteen playing “Born to Run” in the moments before Stewart finds himself with a lot more time on his hands. There were even suggestions as to what Stewart might do with that free time. Magic Mike 3, anyone?
Steve Carell, Hillary Clinton and others offered final farewells:
Daily Show insiders showed the situation behind the scenes:
And the rest of Twitter crowdsourced Stewart’s future hobbies and career options:
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow