Powerhouse couple Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie star in the upcoming film By the Sea, and the newly released trailer for the movie reveals very little.
The minute-and-a-half long trailer features telling moments like…Pitt in a bathtub and Jolie on a bed, but viewers get a real sense of the turmoil in their on-screen relationship. “Do you want to hurt me?” Pitt asks a blonde-haired Jolie.
Given juxtaposition created by the lyrics of the folksy track to which the trailer is set—Perfect Day by Harry Nilsson—and the pill-popping and abuse among the two characters, it’s safe to say the film isn’t a tale of marital bliss.
The film is set to be released on Nov. 13. Watch the full trailer below.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- How Tech Giants Turned Ukraine Into an AI War Lab
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org