Powerhouse couple Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie star in the upcoming film By the Sea, and the newly released trailer for the movie reveals very little.
The minute-and-a-half long trailer features telling moments like…Pitt in a bathtub and Jolie on a bed, but viewers get a real sense of the turmoil in their on-screen relationship. “Do you want to hurt me?” Pitt asks a blonde-haired Jolie.
Given juxtaposition created by the lyrics of the folksy track to which the trailer is set—Perfect Day by Harry Nilsson—and the pill-popping and abuse among the two characters, it’s safe to say the film isn’t a tale of marital bliss.
The film is set to be released on Nov. 13. Watch the full trailer below.
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.