Volkswagen is rolling out a new console platform, MIB II, in its 2016 models, reflecting the car company’s increased investment in technology. According to Left Lane News, 90% of Volkswagen’s current innovations are in the realm of electronic systems.
The MIB II replaces phone-specific ports for phones with USB ports. It also offers an increased amount of connectivity with an App-Connect feature that recognizes the type of phone brought into the vehicle and syncs the platform display to match. Drivers will be able to use hands-free and voice-assistance features with the MIB II as well.
The new technology will be available on most 2016 VW vehicles, according to Cars.com.
- Amanda Gorman on the Greatest Lesson She’s Learned This Year
- What Actually Worries U.S. Doctors About Omicron
- Reuniting Families Separated Under Trump Is Expensive. Should the U.S. Government Pay?
- The 10 Best Movies of 2021
- America's Foster Care System Is a Dangerous Place for Trans Teens. Now They're Fighting for Change
- Stressed About Going Back to the Office? Here Are 8 Ways to Make It Easier
- What to Know About Digital World, the Company Funding Trump's New Social Media Platform 'TRUTH Social'