The psychological firm that evaluates the mental health of cops in Baltimore is under investigation by the city for improperly administering the evaluations.
According to the Associated Press, Psychology Consultants Associated was completing the officer mental health evaluations in 15 minutes instead of the mandated 45 minutes.
PCA is the city’s only contractor for the mental evaluation of the police force, and Baltimore’s law department and inspector general are both looking into the firm’s practices. PCA had previously evaluated a lieutenant charged in the killing of Freddie Gray, the AP reports.
The city’s contract with PCA will remain in place while the investigation continues.
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time