The psychological firm that evaluates the mental health of cops in Baltimore is under investigation by the city for improperly administering the evaluations.
According to the Associated Press, Psychology Consultants Associated was completing the officer mental health evaluations in 15 minutes instead of the mandated 45 minutes.
PCA is the city’s only contractor for the mental evaluation of the police force, and Baltimore’s law department and inspector general are both looking into the firm’s practices. PCA had previously evaluated a lieutenant charged in the killing of Freddie Gray, the AP reports.
The city’s contract with PCA will remain in place while the investigation continues.
- Essay: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Stealth Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- Natasha Lyonne on Poker Face and Creating Characters Who Subvert Leading-Lady Tropes
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- Why Grocery Staples Are So Expensive Right Now
- Quantum Computers Could Solve Countless Problems—and Create a Lot of New Ones
- Where to Watch All of the 2023 Oscar Nominees
- How to Be Mindful if You Hate Meditating