German man Sven Hagemeier set a world record on August 4, 2014, for the longest birthday — 46 hours — by flying from Auckland, New Zealand, to Brisbane, Australia, and then Honolulu, Hawaii, where his wife was waiting to greet him, according to Guinness World Records.
This year, he will just celebrate his 27th birthday at home with friends and family.
Nargis Bhimji of Karachi held the record previously. In June 1998, her birthday lasted 35 hours, 25 minutes, because she flew from Karachi to Singapore to San Francisco.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization