German man Sven Hagemeier set a world record on August 4, 2014, for the longest birthday — 46 hours — by flying from Auckland, New Zealand, to Brisbane, Australia, and then Honolulu, Hawaii, where his wife was waiting to greet him, according to Guinness World Records.
This year, he will just celebrate his 27th birthday at home with friends and family.
Nargis Bhimji of Karachi held the record previously. In June 1998, her birthday lasted 35 hours, 25 minutes, because she flew from Karachi to Singapore to San Francisco.
- Why House Democrats Refused to Save McCarthy
- The 100 Best Mystery and Thriller Books of All Time
- Inside One Indian iPhone Factory
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- Self-Silencing Is Making Women Sick: Essay
- The Enduring Charm of John Grisham
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time