German man Sven Hagemeier set a world record on August 4, 2014, for the longest birthday — 46 hours — by flying from Auckland, New Zealand, to Brisbane, Australia, and then Honolulu, Hawaii, where his wife was waiting to greet him, according to Guinness World Records.
This year, he will just celebrate his 27th birthday at home with friends and family.
Nargis Bhimji of Karachi held the record previously. In June 1998, her birthday lasted 35 hours, 25 minutes, because she flew from Karachi to Singapore to San Francisco.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow