Less than a month after the maligned Blue Bell ice cream manufacturer resumed testing at its Alabama facility, the state’s Department of Public Health announced Wednesday that it would allow the Texas-based company to officially begin the production and sale of its products.
Blue Bell has had to deal with a wealth of scandal this year:
The company’s distribution plans still seems to be up in the air, but Alabama’s approval could indicate other states aren’t far behind.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- In Photos: How Wildfire Smoke Impacted Cities
- How Antitrust Laws Could Kill the PGA-LIV Golf Merger
- Teens Are Taking Wegovy for Weight Loss
- Prince Harry Breaks Royal Convention to Testify in Court
- Elliot Page: Embracing My Trans Identity Saved Me
- How a Texas High Jumper Has Earned Nearly $1 Million
- The Best TV Shows of 2023 So Far
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk