When Louis C.K. appeared on The Daily Show with Jon Stewart for the last time, the two men looked both to the past and the future as they reminisced about their early days doing stand-up and envisioned the audience’s reaction to the new host, Trevor Noah.
C.K. said Stewart was one of the first people he saw perform at the Comedy Cellar, a New York City stand-up club where they both got their start, and the two reminisced about the deep bond between the comedians who performed there at the time.
The conversation also turned to Trevor Noah, the South African comedian who will take over The Daily Show after Stewart hosts his last episode Thursday night. Stewart said he’s excited for Noah’s debut “so people who watch this show can fall in love again.”
“All love begins with who the f–k is this?” C.K. replied.
- Governor Gretchen Whitmer on Her Fight for Abortion Access in Michigan
- Inside the War on Fake Consumer Reviews
- Column: Europe's Refugee Crisis Is Going to Get Worse
- How Lawmakers Are Trying to Protect Abortion Data Privacy
- The Surprising Thing That Could Help Ease Inflation
- Finding the American Dream in Canada
- The Safest Sunscreens to Buy—and Which Ingredients to Avoid
- Fact-Checking 8 Claims About Crypto’s Climate Impact
- How Grief Upsets Your Gut Health
- Who Could Replace Boris Johnson As U.K. Prime Minister?