(HWANGE, Zimbabwe) — Cecil the Lion may be sadly gone, but his offspring will be okay, one of the main researchers who has studied Zimbabwe’s big cats for years said Wednesday.
Brent Staplekamp, who works for the Hwange Lion Research Project was the last man to have caught and collared Cecil for study, last November. He was also one of the people who confirmed that Cecil’s brother, Jericho, is still alive, despite reports to the contrary last weekend.
Staplekamp told NBC News late Wednesday that Cecil’s cubs will be okay. It was previously believed they could become secondary casualties…
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time