In the August 17 cover story of TIME, we take a look at the rise of virtual reality, the perpetually promised technology of the future that is finally becoming a reality. Here’s a closer look at some of the minds behind the virtual realty gear that will start going on sale in late-2015 and early-2016.
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving