Even former presidents can’t get out of jury duty.
George W. Bush caused a stir in Dallas when he reported for jury duty at a downtown courthouse. According to The Dallas Morning News, Bush spoke and took photos with the other jurors.
Secret Service personnel could be seen outside the court while the former U.S. leader was inside.
“I turned around and he was seated right behind me and I said, “I think I know that guy,” a potential juror told Morning News. “Then the judge introduced him and said it was an honor to have the former president of the United States in the court.”
- What We Know So Far About the Deadly Earthquakes in Turkey and Syria
- Beyoncé's Album of the Year Snub Fits Into the Grammys' Long History of Overlooking Black Women
- How the U.S. Shot Down the Alleged Chinese Spy Balloon
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart