Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush is not shying away from his family legacy in his campaign.
The Republican presidential candidate unveiled a new online store on his campaign website that is offering a $25 T-shirt with the quote: “My dad is the greatest man I’ve ever known, and if you don’t think so, we can step outside.”
His father, of course, was the 41st President of the United States, George H.W. Bush, and his brother was the 43rd President, George W. Bush.
Bush has embraced his family at various points in his campaign, even while trying to chart his own course. “I love my father and my brother. I admire their service to the nation and the difficult decisions they had to make,” Bush said in May. “But I am my own man.”
The cheeky T-shirt is becoming a staple of campaign merchandise.
An entire section of Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul’s website offers products that mock fellow Democrat Hillary Clinton. Products include a “Liberty Not Hillary” T-shirt and sticker, and a “Hillary Hard Drive”, with the description, “You’ve read all about it on the news, now you can get one for for yourself. 100% genuine erased clean email server.”
Florida Sen. Marco Rubio offers his own line of campaign polo shirts called “Marco Polo,” riffing on the 11th century Italian explorer.
Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s website offers the “Everyday Pant Suit” T-shirt as an option for those inspired by Clinton’s trademark outfit. Also on sale is a “Future Voter One-Piece” for your infant.
Clinton also channels the feminist within in “The PossibiliTee” shirt. The front of the tee says “We can build an America where a father can tell his daughter, ‘Yes, you can become anything you want to be,” and the back reads “Even the President of the United States.”
- What We Know So Far About the Deadly Earthquakes in Turkey and Syria
- Beyoncé's Album of the Year Snub Fits Into the Grammys' Long History of Overlooking Black Women
- How the U.S. Shot Down the Alleged Chinese Spy Balloon
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart