There are two ways to take the news that pumpkin spice Marshmallow Peeps are coming soon.
One way to view the new flavor — which is part of the Peeps fall flavor collection that also includes caramel apple and candy corn — is with joy, that the great corporate minds behind Peeps have finally realized that the only possible way to improve the confectionary perfection that is a Marshmallow Peep is to add pumpkin spice flavoring.
But then there is the other school of thought, which will see the pumpkin-spice Peeps as just the latest travesty to be unleashed upon the world, following in the wake of the deep-fried pumpkin spice latte and the pumpkin spice burger as the pumpkin spice reign of terror continues.
If you want to try the new flavors of Peeps (or purchase them all and burn them in a glorious display of anti-pumpkin spice fervor) they will be available starting August 31st.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow