Jimmy John Liautaud, the founder of popular Chicago-based sandwich chain Jimmy John’s, may be the next target of Internet scorn for his big-game hunting ways.
Pictures were tweeted out earlier this week that appear to show the sandwich mogul posing with his kills.
The subject of big game hunting has been in the news recently, of course, because of outrage over the death of Cecil, a beloved lion in Zimbabwe. Chicagoist notes that these aren’t exactly new pictures — they were first published a few years ago. With all the attention on big game hunting right now, though, could Jimmy John’s be the next store to be subject to boycotts?
In response to the outcry, airlines are taking steps to make it difficult for big-game hunters to bring their trophies home — by banning the transport of big game on their planes.
- Donald Trump Was Just Indicted. Here's What to Know About the Charges and the Case
- What Could Happen Next for Donald Trump
- Trump's Indictment Drama Showcased His Rivals' Weakness
- Inside Ukraine's Push to Try Putin For War Crimes
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- Elon Musk Signs Open Letter Urging AI Labs to Pump the Brakes
- Eliezer Yudkowsky: Pausing AI Developments Isn't Enough. We Need to Shut it All Down
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Cheryl Strayed Will Always Be Here for You
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now