Monday, August 3, was the 23rd birthday of supermodel Karlie Kloss, who just so happens to be one of Taylor Swift’s high-profile besties. Naturally, Swift took to Instagram to mark the happy occasion and offer Kloss some birthday love.
Along with a caption that read, “Some of my best memories have been with this girl, laughing in the kitchen. Happy Birthday to the ray of light that is @karliekloss,” the “Bad Blood” singer carefully selected and then uploaded the following photo:
Now, let’s dissect this a bit. First of all, that’s not a picture of Karlie Kloss. It’s just objectively not. It’s a picture of Swift’s boyfriend Calvin Harris, with Kloss in the background.
People immediately began noting that this made little to no sense. Others saw it as an opportunity for some jokes:
The good news, though, is that Kloss didn’t seem offended by Harris’s presence in the photo, and appreciated Tay’s message:
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time