Monday, August 3, was the 23rd birthday of supermodel Karlie Kloss, who just so happens to be one of Taylor Swift’s high-profile besties. Naturally, Swift took to Instagram to mark the happy occasion and offer Kloss some birthday love.
Along with a caption that read, “Some of my best memories have been with this girl, laughing in the kitchen. Happy Birthday to the ray of light that is @karliekloss,” the “Bad Blood” singer carefully selected and then uploaded the following photo:
Now, let’s dissect this a bit. First of all, that’s not a picture of Karlie Kloss. It’s just objectively not. It’s a picture of Swift’s boyfriend Calvin Harris, with Kloss in the background.
People immediately began noting that this made little to no sense. Others saw it as an opportunity for some jokes:
The good news, though, is that Kloss didn’t seem offended by Harris’s presence in the photo, and appreciated Tay’s message:
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow