Jessica Alba has responded to complaints that her eco-friendly Honest Company’s sunscreen isn’t effective, saying they are “taking every precaution to ensure that your product experience will keep you healthy and happy.”
In an Instagram post Tuesday, the 34-year-old actress, businesswoman and mom of two said, “protecting our loved ones is the reason we founded [Honest.]”
Alba’s post links to Honest Company’s website and a message from the founders that reads: “As parents, it pains us to hear that anyone has had a negative experience with our Sunscreen … As with everything we do, we take sun protection seriously here at Honest.”
The statement from Alba and co-founder Christopher Gavigan went on to say the company was working to address instances where their sunscreen failed to protect against sunburn.
“For those who have expressed concerns about our Sunscreen Lotion, we want you to know that we hear you and we’re here for you. As always, we’ll do what it takes to make it right.”
Read the full statement here.
- How an Alleged Spy Balloon Derailed an Important U.S.-China Meeting
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- Column: Elon Musk Should Not Be in Charge of the Night Sky
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart
- 80 for Brady May Not Be a Masterpiece. But the World Needs More Movies Like This