Another music power couple is calling it quits: Gwen Stefani and Gavin Rossdale announced in a joint statement they are getting divorced.
“While the two of us have come to the mutual decision that we will no longer be partners in marriage, we remain partners in parenthood and are committed to jointly raising our three sons in a happy and healthy environment,” they said, according to Entertainment Weekly. “To that end, we respectfully request privacy from the media during this time.”
Stefani and Rossdale began dating in 1996 and married in 2002; they are the parents of Kingston (9), Zuma (6) and Apollo (1). Stefani is the lead vocalist of No Doubt, and had a solo career for several years while the band was on hiatus. She has famously written songs about her romance with Rossdale for the band. Rossdale is the frontman of the band Bush.
Stefani filed for divorce on Monday, and Rossdale filed his response at the same time. Both are seeking joint custody of the children.
- Extreme Heat Makes It Hard for Kids to Be Active. But Exercise Is Crucial In a Warming World
- Pelosi's Visit to Taiwan Has Badly Damaged U.S.-China Relations, But Not Irreversibly
- Reality TV Has Reshaped Our World, Whether We Like It or Not
- Progress Is Not A Given. It is Won: The Connection Between James Baldwin and Toni Morrison
- The Inflation Reduction Act's Name Says A Lot About The Climate Fight
- How Reservation Dogs Became More than Just Must-See Television in Its Second Season
- The U.S Will Soon Have Space Force Ambassadors Around the World