A 40-foot inflatable character from the movie Minions got loose from a Dublin fairground on Monday and caused confusion when it blocked a road.
The minion, which blew away during strong winds, seems not to have injured anyone, but did cause some traffic confusion.
A local resident who witnessed the incident told the Irish Independent that “everyone seems to have had a bit of fun from it,” but one Dublin city councillor took the accident more seriously, tweeting, “Escaped Minion at Omni in Santry may seem hilarious but its a dispicable breach of health & safety.”
It’s unclear whether the councillor’s choice of words was intentionally referring to the original movie the Minions characters appeared in, Despicable Me.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization