Will Smith is putting a stop to the rumor that he and his wife of 17 years, Jada Pinkett Smith, are getting a divorce. “In the interest of redundant, repetitious, over & over-again-ness… Jada and I are… NOT GETTING A DIVORCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!” the 46-year-old actor wrote in a Facebook post on Monday.
The actor wrote his response after a report from Radar Online said that the Hollywood couple planned to split. The Smiths, who have three children together, have been plagued by rumors of an impending breakup for years. In June, Jada Pinkett Smith addressed gossip that her husband had been unfaithful to her while promoting her latest movie, Magic Mike XXL, on the Howard Stern Show.
“You’ve got to trust who you’re with,” she told the radio personality. “And at the end of the day, I’m not here to be anybody’s watcher. I’m not his watcher. He’s a grown man.”
Read Will Smith’s full response to rumors below:
Pinkett Smith then chimed in on Twitter.
- The 100 Best Mystery and Thriller Books of All Time
- Inside One Indian iPhone Factory
- What Beyoncé Gave Us
- Congress Avoided a Shutdown. What Happens Next?
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- The Enduring Charm of John Grisham
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time