With her 34-second victory over Bethe Correia Saturday, Ronda Rousey once again proved she’s at the top of her game as the UFC Women’s Bantamweight champion. But as Rousey maintains her dominance in the world of sport, her star is also rising in the movie industry, with a handful of acting credits to her name in the last couple of years. In her newest role she’ll play a character she knows a thing or two about: herself.
Variety reports that Rousey will star in a film adaptation of My Fight/Your Fight, her bestselling autobiography released earlier this year. Rousey will co-produce with Mary Parent (Godzilla, Pacific Rim), with a screenplay to be adapted by Mark Bomback (War of the Planet of the Apes, Insurgent).
Rousey mostly recently appeared in Expendables 3, Furious 7 and Entourage. She’s also set to star opposite Mark Wahlberg in the CIA flick Mile-22 and to helm the action thriller The Athena Project.
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction
- Why You Can't Remember That Taylor Swift Concert All Too Well
- What to Know About the History of the Debt Ceiling
- 10 Questions the Succession Finale Needs to Answer
- How Four Trans Teens Threw the Prom of Their Dreams
- Why Turkey’s Longtime Leader Is an Electoral Powerhouse
- The Ancient Roots of Psychotherapy
- Why Rich People Aren't Using Phone Cases