That might be the last burger you’ll ever eat.
Kraft has recalled some American cheese singles after reports of several Americans choking on plastic wrapping. Some sections of the plastic may remain connected to the cheese after it’s unwrapped, causing three Americans to choke and 10 complaints, according to a company statement.
The recall applies to 3- and 4-pound sizes of Kraft Singles American and White American pasteurized prepared cheese with a use-by date of December 29, 2015 to January 4, 2016. That’s about 36,000 cases of the recalled product in the U.S., Puerto Rico and Grand Cayman.
“We deeply regret this situation and apologize to any consumers we have disappointed,” Kraft said.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- India’s Female Wrestlers Are Saying #MeToo
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction
- The End of Succession
- Scientists Get Closer to Harnessing Solar Power From Space