Ronda Rousey gave a stunning performance Saturday night at UFC 190 by successfully defending her bantamweight championship title and knocking out Bethe Correia in 34 seconds.
But U.S. Olympic hurdler Lolo Jones reckons she could last at least 60 seconds against the UFC champ — just by running circles around the Octagon, writes the Bleacher Report.
Jones tweeted Sunday, “I can’t fight but I’ll prolong it and run circles for least a minute.”
Even UFC featherweight champion Conor Mcregor says he would not like to come face-to-face in the cage with Rousey. And with her last four fights totaling just 2 minutes 10 seconds, Jones is going to need a lot more than speed to outsmart her. Although the track and field star was probably just kidding.
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.