Ronda Rousey gave a stunning performance Saturday night at UFC 190 by successfully defending her bantamweight championship title and knocking out Bethe Correia in 34 seconds.
But U.S. Olympic hurdler Lolo Jones reckons she could last at least 60 seconds against the UFC champ — just by running circles around the Octagon, writes the Bleacher Report.
Jones tweeted Sunday, “I can’t fight but I’ll prolong it and run circles for least a minute.”
Even UFC featherweight champion Conor Mcregor says he would not like to come face-to-face in the cage with Rousey. And with her last four fights totaling just 2 minutes 10 seconds, Jones is going to need a lot more than speed to outsmart her. Although the track and field star was probably just kidding.
- What We Know So Far About the Deadly Earthquakes in Turkey and Syria
- Beyoncé's Album of the Year Snub Fits Into the Grammys' Long History of Overlooking Black Women
- How the U.S. Shot Down the Alleged Chinese Spy Balloon
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart