Paramount Pictures gave fans their first official glimpse on Sunday of Zoolander 2, the long-awaited sequel to the 2001 comedy film starring Ben Stiller as the dimwitted but beloved male model.
The trailer, which leaked online on Friday before being rolled out officially on Sunday, opens curiously with a Hawking-esque lecture on cosmology before cutting to Derek Zoolander’s trademark stupidity: “If God exists,” Zoolander asks, “then why did he make ugly people?”
Zoolander 2 takes place more than a decade after the events in the original film, and features the return of Owen Wilson, Christine Taylor and Will Farrell. New cast members include Penelope Cruz, Kristen Wiig and Cyrus Arnold, with cameos reportedly including Justin Bieber, Kim Kardashian and Willie Nelson.
Zoolander 2 hits theaters on Feb. 12, 2016.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- Inside Frances Haugen's Decision to Take on Facebook
- Why We Should Stop Freaking Out About Inflation
- Austria's Plan to Make COVID-19 Vaccines Compulsory Is Dividing Citizens — and Experts
- Inside the 80-Year Quest to Name Pearl Harbor's Unknown Victims
- Buying a House Feels Impossible These Days. Here Are 6 Innovative Paths to Homeownership
- 'They're Very Close.' U.S. General Says Iran Is Nearly Able to Build a Nuclear Weapon
- A Charter School's Racial Controversy Reveals the Real Battle For America's Classrooms