Paramount Pictures gave fans their first official glimpse on Sunday of Zoolander 2, the long-awaited sequel to the 2001 comedy film starring Ben Stiller as the dimwitted but beloved male model.
The trailer, which leaked online on Friday before being rolled out officially on Sunday, opens curiously with a Hawking-esque lecture on cosmology before cutting to Derek Zoolander’s trademark stupidity: “If God exists,” Zoolander asks, “then why did he make ugly people?”
Zoolander 2 takes place more than a decade after the events in the original film, and features the return of Owen Wilson, Christine Taylor and Will Farrell. New cast members include Penelope Cruz, Kristen Wiig and Cyrus Arnold, with cameos reportedly including Justin Bieber, Kim Kardashian and Willie Nelson.
Zoolander 2 hits theaters on Feb. 12, 2016.
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.