A manhunt was underway for a suspect who fatally shot a Memphis police officer during a traffic stop on Saturday evening, according to officials.
Memphis Director of Police Services Toney Armstrong said police were notified at around 9:18 p.m. local time (10:18 p.m.) that an officer had been shot. The officer was rushed to the hospital in critical condition but later died from multiple gunshot wounds.
“The suspect responsible is still at large and officers are in the area attempting to locate him,” police said.
The slain officer was identified by the police department as 33-year-old Sean Bolton …
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.