In a quick sit-down interview posted on Instagram, rapper Wale asks FLOTUS a series of questions, among them “If you had the opportunity to have a different occupation, what would it be?”
“I would be Beyoncé,” says Obama. “I’ve got the hands,” she said, demonstrating her moves.
The interview was taped after Mrs. Obama’s Beating the Odds summit at the White House last week, where she and Wale quick-fired questions at one another on topics ranging from the easiest way to get financial aid for college to “who was your favorite teacher?”
Being Beyoncé has been a long dream of Mrs. Obama’s. In an interview with PEOPLE in 2012, when asked who she would be if she could be someone else, the First Lady replied: “Gosh. If I had some gift, I’d be Beyoncé, I’d be some great singer. The power of music, being able to play an instrument … It looks like musicians just have the most fun.”
The Obamas are longtime fans of the singer, who performed at the Neighborhood Ball celebrating the president’s inauguration in 2009.
President Obama has previously noted that his wife and the singer, 33, share a similar charisma.
Well, since the role of Beyoncé is already taken, it looks like FLOTUS will have to stick with channeling the singer’s tempo during her workouts.
- The Case for Mediocrity
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- Meet the 2023 TIME100 Next: the Emerging Leaders Shaping the World
- Oprah and Arthur C. Brooks: How to Separate Work From Your Identity
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- You Don’t Have to Like Wrestling to Love Netflix’s Excellent Wrestlers
- The Most Anticipated Books, Movies, TV, and Music of Fall 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time