The wrestling entertainment legend known as “Rowdy” Roddy Piper has died at his Hollywood, California, home, law enforcement officials said Thursday. He was 61.
The cause of death appears to be natural, officials said. Piper’s agent, Jay Schacter, confirmed the death to Variety, and told the publication Piper died in his sleep Wednesday night.
Piper, whose real name is Roderick George Toombs, joined World Wrestling Entertainment in 1984; before that he wrestled in the NWA.
After joining the WWE became a star and was known for his battles with Hulk Hogan, according to the entertainment company.
Piper grappled with Hogan…
- The Real Reason Florida Wants to Ban AP African-American Studies, According to an Architect of the Course
- Column: Tyre Nichols' Killing Is The Result of a Diseased Culture
- Without Evusheld, Immunocompromised People Are on Their Own Against COVID-19
- Here Are All the Movies and TV Shows That Make Up the New DCU
- TikTok's 'De-Influencing' Trend Is Here to Tell You What Stuff You Don't Need to Buy
- Column: America Goes About Juvenile Crime Sentencing All Wrong
- Why Your Tax Refund May Be Lower This Year
- Brazil Wants to Abandon a 34,000-Ton Ship at Sea. It Would be an Environmental Disaster
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in January 2023