American Pharoah already had a lot of fans after the 3-year-old horse became the sport’s first Triple Crown winner since 1978, but witnessing his speed up-close adds new perspective to his greatness.
This nearly 90-second video, courtesy of GoPro Spherical, shows just how quickly American Pharoah can get around the track. The only downside is that Pharoah isn’t racing any other horses on the track and it’s hard to say the crowd noises heard on the video are authentic, seeing as he’s running in an empty stadium.
Here’s to hoping that racing officials and the folks over at GoPro can work out an unlikely deal to affix the cameras to horses’ heads in time for the 2016 Kentucky derby.
- Here's Where All The Strongest Hurricanes Have Hit the U.S. in the Past 50 Years
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- Here Are the 12 New Books You Should Read in October
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out