Correction appended, July 31, 2015
One Direction has released its first single since Zayn Malik quit the band, and fans already seem very excited about “Drag Me Down.”
The band took to Twitter to announce the single, with Liam Payne calling the song a “bit of a surprise” and writing, “I hope you love it as much as we do.” A Harry Styles fan account tweeted, “Its so good the boys haven’t done such a good job in a very long time.”
Styles sings the top vocals on the track, a part Malik usually filled, USA Today reports. “Drag Me Down” is the first single off the band’s upcoming album, due in November. The band is currently touring in the U.S. and will perform in Indianapolis on Friday night; perhaps Hoosiers will be treated to the first live performance of the song.
Listen to “Drag Me Down” below.
[spotify id=”spotify:album:7LnU0hAOYe9aq91PCKMI7A” width=”300″ height=”380″ /]
Correction: The original version of this story incorrectly attributed a Twitter post about the album being “so good” and saying “the boys haven’t done such a good job in a very long time.” The post was from a fan Twitter account.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2022
- I Tested Positive for COVID-19 Right Before the Holidays. What Should I Do?
- Column: How To Create a Sense of Belonging In a Divided America
- How to Survive the Holidays if You're a Scrooge
- Life Expectancy Provides Evidence of How Far Black Americans Have Come
- The 10 Best Albums of 2022
- Iran Has a Long History of Protest and Activism
- 6 Ways to Give Better Gifts—Based on Science