NBC Charlotte reports a man proposing to his girlfriend at the restaurant Salsarita’s Monday was interrupted by a man who broke in and attempted to rob the place.
Nicholas Anderson told the news station that he put the robber in a chokehold when he tried to flee, knocking him out. Then he went back to the original task at hand, taking her to Winkler Park — which was supposed to be the plan B venue — to pop the question. His girlfriend, Deanna Deal, said yes.
As Anderson told the news station, “After all of that happened, asking her to marry me wasn’t near as bad.”
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.