NBC Charlotte reports a man proposing to his girlfriend at the restaurant Salsarita’s Monday was interrupted by a man who broke in and attempted to rob the place.
Nicholas Anderson told the news station that he put the robber in a chokehold when he tried to flee, knocking him out. Then he went back to the original task at hand, taking her to Winkler Park — which was supposed to be the plan B venue — to pop the question. His girlfriend, Deanna Deal, said yes.
As Anderson told the news station, “After all of that happened, asking her to marry me wasn’t near as bad.”
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow