Microsoft began its Windows 10 ad campaign last week by having Ethan Hawke explain to us how adorable babies will grow up with this wonderful new technology, appealing to consumers’ love for smooth voices, catchy songs, and cuteness. It was beautiful.
Their new Russian commercial, on the other hand, is … interesting?
The ad depicts Windows software as cartoon characters. Windows 10 is a starlet getting ready for a premiere that everyone seems to be excited for, particularly the nosy paparazzi. She strikes up a new romance with the hunky Edge, Microsoft’s new Internet browser, and apparently Windows 10’s new boyfriend. At the end of the ad, Windows 10 emerges, backed by all her Windows software friends.
Maybe you Russian speakers out there will be able to make sense of this.
- These Charts Show COVID-19 Is Still the Pandemic of the Unvaccinated
- Reddit Allows Hate Speech to Flourish in Its Global Forums, Moderators Say
- What It Takes to Get Support for a Black Boy With Special Needs
- Shonda Rhimes Already Knows What You're Going to Watch Next
- How Harry Reid Paved the Way for Democrats to Kill the Filibuster
- President Biden's Speech in Atlanta Was Designed to Appeal to Black Voters—But Not Everything About It Succeeded
- China Is Finding Fewer Reliable Sources of Coal. That Could Be Bad News for the Climate